Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Pumpkin Season








I've been on hiatus from blogging due to a schedule that's been relentless, but I thought it was time to give everyone a clay update! As many of you know, I love making pottery pumpkins. I've been creating these for years and I just 'harvested' a new batch a few weeks ago. I make these on the pottery wheel and they begin as hollow spheres. I add the detail and alter them until I'm satisfied that they somewhat resemble what you'd see in the pumpkin patch. This year I also made some pumpkin pin jewelry. These came about rather unexpectedly when I was trying to come up with a new textured handle. At one point, I saw that the texture reminded me of the ridges in a pumpkin and began making miniature ones. I had so much fun creating these that before I knew it, I had made a slew of them. Serendipity! That's what I love about working with clay and leaving yourself open for discovery. Here are my latest pumpkin creations....

2 comments:

Graciela Testa Lynt said...

LOVE the pumpkins!!!

A New Creation said...

I love my pumpkin!!!! so cute!! those are cute pins!