Saturday, March 29, 2008

Dedication



I'd like to dedicate this blog to my sweet dear brother Mike Scully, who lost his battle with cancer last July. (Here he is fishing in Florida a few months before his passing) He was my hero and I miss him so much. Everyone who knew him loved him and a more generous person you could not find.
Welcome to my first attempt at blogging. I'm a pottery instructor and have been on break for several weeks. The new session begins this monday and all of my three classes are filled with anxious and eager students ready to get back into the swing of things. I am excited each time a new session begins...there is among my students a sense of anticipation, hope and the promise of becoming better at mastering this great and at times frustrating medium. I'm planning some fun demonstrations this session. I try to teach my students, many who have been with me for years, something new and that is a challenge....but, I love a challenge and look forward to surprising them with something unexpected and something they'll want to try. Anyway, we begin anew.

No comments: